The Future of Humanity: The Challenge of Global Peace and Security
With increasing challenges to the creation of a sustainable global peace and the decline in security, new thinking and solutions are needed.
This conference examines the limitations of the current global order and seeks to explore alternative solutions.
The conference examines key themes concerning the peace and security of the nations and peoples of the world including:
- structural inequality
- economic crisis
- increasing disregard for human life
- environmental degradation
- gender inequality
- limited nature of global governance
A group of interdisciplinary scholars will address these themes. By examining new approaches and ideas this conference aims to foster a new research agenda. An agenda that is focused on constructive engagement to improve upon current approaches to global peace.
Participants from the Department of Government and Politics include:
- Professor Kanisha Bond (speaker)
- Professor Jennifer Hadden (speakers)
- Professor David Cunningham (moderator)
- Professor Kathleen Cunningham (moderator)
- Professor Sarah Croco (moderator)
- Professor Todd Allee (moderator)
Date: October 16, 2016 8:00 am - 7:30 pm & October 17, 2016 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Location: Colony Ballroom, Stamp Student Union - University of Maryland, College Park