- Phd candidate with comprehensive background in political economy.
- In-depth knowledge of Latin America's economy, politics and institutions acquired living in Latin America and through research.
-Passionate interest in the interaction between politics and financial markets.
- Understanding of economic fundamentals and how these can be offset by politics
- Demonstrated experience and ability to research, analyze and produce high quality briefing papers and policy options. A highlight being compiling risk assessment reports for a major gas company in Argentina.
-Knowledge of academic research on sources of political risk and their application to real life investment decisions.
Areas of Interest
- international political economy, comparative political economy, Latin American politics, European politics
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
Government and Politics Department
dsowens [at] umd.edu