Black Political Student Association (BPSA)
The Black Political Student Association is a student organization dedicated to holding events and other opportunities to enlighten, enrich, empower and educate minority students at the University of Maryland, College Park through thought provoking topics in the political realm. Participants are able to discuss political issues in a diverse, nondiscriminatory and open atmosphere.
Pi Sigma Alpha (PSA)
Students who are eligible for admittance to this National Political Science Honor Society will be notified once they meet the following requirements:
- Completion of at least 60 overall credits
- Completion of at least 10 credits of GVPT course work
- Completion of at least one upper-level (300-400) GVPT class
- Overall GPA of 3.4 or greater
- GPA in GVPT of 3.5 or greater
Phi Beta Kappa (PBK)
Election to the oldest and most widely respected academic honorary society in the country is based entirely on outstanding scholastic achievement in the liberal arts and sciences. Interested students should visit http://www.ugst.umd.edu/pbk.html.