Welcome to GVPT Global Learning! We are excited that you are interested in adding an international component to your education. Please use the menus below to learn more about the study abroad process.
- Think about when you would like to go abroad. Most students study abroad during their junior year. Keep in mind that Education Abroad (EA) begins meeting with students about a year in advance of their trip.
- There are multiple avenues for global experiences, including:
- Meet with a GVPT Advisor to see how your courses will fit into your curriculum.
- Plan how outside credits will transfer.
- Remember, a maximum of 6 credits of pre-approved study abroad coursework can count toward the 36 credits in GVPT major requirements. Additional GVPT credit completed abroad will be applied as general electives.
- Ensure your transcript is sent to the Education Abroad office. Note that applying transfer credit can take several months.
- Follow up with your GVPT advisor once your education abroad credits are posted to your transcript; it is likely they will need to make manual updates to your record to ensure your coursework is being applied correctly.
- Be sure to participate in post-trip surveys so that we can improve programs.
- Join us for alumni receptions!